Btw, the docs on http://www.activemq.org/site/consumer-dispatch-async.html
refer to dispatchAsync but the code uses asyncDispatch.
I guess this is an oversight, right ?

On 8/11/06, Hiram Chirino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think that if we enable async dispatch this issue should go away.
This would only affect vm transport since the transport oneways.  We
should look into making async to be dispatch be the default when using
the vm transport.

On 8/11/06, Guillaume Nodet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I sometime have deadlocks while running junit tests that involve
ActiveMQ.
> Following is a stack trace i dumped.
> As you can see, the two last threads are deadlocked because of the
> MutexTransport.
> This cause the first thread (main thread) to hang forever.
>
>     Thread [main] (Suspended)
>         MutexTransport.oneway(Command) line: 44
>              ==> MutexTransport (id=292)
>         ResponseCorrelator.oneway(Command) line: 58

ManagedTransportConnection(TransportConnection).dispatch(Command)
> line: 211
>
> ManagedTransportConnection(AbstractConnection).processDispatch(Command)
> line: 628

ManagedTransportConnection(AbstractConnection).dispatchSync(Command)
> line: 605
>         TopicSubscription.dispatch(MessageReference) line: 315
>         TopicSubscription.add(MessageReference) line: 74
>         SimpleDispatchPolicy.dispatch(ConnectionContext,
MessageReference,
> MessageEvaluationContext, List) line: 50
>         Topic.dispatch(ConnectionContext, Message) line: 443
>         Topic.send(ConnectionContext, Message) line: 254
>         ManagedTopicRegion(AbstractRegion).send(ConnectionContext,
Message)
> line: 225
>         ManagedRegionBroker(RegionBroker).send(ConnectionContext,
Message)
> line: 345
>         TransactionBroker.send(ConnectionContext, Message) line: 192
>         AdvisoryBroker(BrokerFilter).send(ConnectionContext, Message)
line:
> 113
>         CompositeDestinationBroker.send(ConnectionContext, Message)
line:
> 97
>         BrokerService$2(MutableBrokerFilter).send(ConnectionContext,
> Message) line: 126
>
> ManagedTransportConnection(AbstractConnection).processMessage(Message)
line:
> 377
>         ActiveMQObjectMessage(ActiveMQMessage).visit(CommandVisitor)
line:
> 590
>         ManagedTransportConnection(AbstractConnection).service(Command)
> line: 226
>         TransportConnection$1.onCommand(Command) line: 62
>         ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(Command) line: 91
>         MutexTransport(TransportFilter).onCommand(Command) line: 63
>         VMTransportServer$1(VMTransport).oneway(Command) line: 76
>         MutexTransport.oneway(Command) line: 44
>             => MutexTransport (id=314)
>         ResponseCorrelator.oneway(Command) line: 58
>         ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(Command) line: 1092
>         ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer,
ActiveMQDestination,
> Message, int, int, long) line: 1553
>         ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(Destination, Message, int, int,
long)
> line: 462
>         ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(Message) line: 356
>         JCAFlow.sendJmsMessage(Destination, Serializable, boolean,
boolean)
> line: 707
>         JCAFlow.onInternalEndpointUnregistered(EndpointEvent, boolean)
line:
> 462
>         JCAFlow$1.internalEndpointUnregistered(EndpointEvent) line: 245
>         EndpointRegistry.fireEvent(ServiceEndpoint, int) line: 575
>         EndpointRegistry.unregisterInternalEndpoint(ComponentContext,
> InternalEndpoint) line: 199
>         Registry.deactivateEndpoint(ComponentContext, InternalEndpoint)
> line: 205
>         ComponentContextImpl.deactivateEndpoint(ServiceEndpoint) line:
> 157
>         ReceiverComponent(PojoSupport).shutDown() line: 103
>         ComponentMBeanImpl.doShutDown() line: 335
>         ComponentRegistry.shutDown() line: 105
>         Registry.shutDown() line: 142
>         SpringJBIContainer(JBIContainer).shutDown() line: 601
>         SpringJBIContainer.destroy() line: 184
>         DisposableBeanAdapter.destroy() line: 97

DefaultListableBeanFactory(AbstractBeanFactory).destroyBean(String,
> Object) line: 1159

DefaultListableBeanFactory(AbstractBeanFactory).destroyDisposableBean(String)
> line: 1131

DefaultListableBeanFactory(AbstractBeanFactory).destroySingletons()
> line: 660

ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(AbstractApplicationContext).doClose()
> line: 594

ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(AbstractApplicationContext).close()
> line: 563

ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(AbstractApplicationContext).destroy()
> [...]
>         ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(Command) line: 91
>         MutexTransport(TransportFilter).onCommand(Command) line: 63
>         VMTransportServer$1(VMTransport).oneway(Command) line: 76
>         MutexTransport.oneway(Command) line: 44
>             ==> MutexTransport (id=534)
>         ResponseCorrelator.oneway(Command) line: 58
>         ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(Command) line: 1092
>         ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer,
ActiveMQDestination,
> Message, int, int, long) line: 1553
>         ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(Destination, Message, int, int,
long)
> line: 462
>         ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(Message) line: 356
>         JCAFlow.sendJmsMessage(Destination, Serializable, boolean,
boolean)
> line: 707
>         JCAFlow.onInternalEndpointRegistered(EndpointEvent, boolean)
line:

--
Regards,
Hiram