+1

Gianny

On 20/08/2006, at 5:44 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

I keep running into problems switching my local jdk (ala setjdk) from 1.4 to 1.5 and forgetting to switch it back again when making G builds.

I though it would be nice if the build would fail early if I had the wrong JDK configured. So, I wroke a require-java-version goal in a new tools-maven-plugin (in Genesis), which allows the build to fail early. It uses Mac OS X-style version suffix tokens (+ and *) to allow selection.

http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/genesis/plugins/tools-maven- plugin/usage.html

I've set it up for GShell which needs 1.5, but I was wondering if we should configure this goal in trunk and set it to 1.4* so that if you are using 1.5 it will puke early with a meaningful error.

Seems like folks who build with 1.5 run into errors... so maybe its a good thing to force 1.4?

Thoughts?

--jason