Thanks Jeff.  That did the trick for me too!!!

Joe

Jeff Genender wrote:
Joe,

Delete your ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins directory.  The
error you encountered usually means you have a corrupted meta tags.
This solution usually does teh trick for me.

Jeff

Joe Bohn wrote:

Thanks Ian.   I did attempt to run it both on-line as well as off-line.
Either way I get the same result.  Do you see something different?

Joe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The -o switch tells mvn not to attempt to download any plugins or
dependencies, using only whatever is in your local repository.  If
this is
your first time running the eclipse:eclipse goal then the necessary
plugin
won't be present.

Try running 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' (i.e., no '-o' switch).

HTH,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you're not

Ian D. Stewart
Distributed Computing Engineer II
DSS eCommerce Engineering
Phone: (614) 244-2564

Joe Bohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED] nk.net> To
                                      Geronimo
Dev 08/23/2006 01:53 <dev@geronimo.apache.org> PM cc Subject Please respond to building eclipse projects with M2 [EMAIL PROTECTED] build he.org

The cwiki inidicates that we can build projects for eclipse using the m2
build with the following command:

mvn -o eclipse:eclipse

However, when I attempt to do this I get the error below.  Has anybody
been successful in building the eclipse projects using M2?

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'eclipse'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version could be f
ound
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1281)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1517)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:381)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:135)

        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at

        at

        at
        at
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does not exist or
no valid
 version could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:225)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:87)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:158)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1252)

        ... 14 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 8 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 23 13:51:13 EDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 19M/37M

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,