Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

David Blevins wrote:

But the lazy consensus "cut off" you mention is something to think
about.

That sort of model has been used before successfully.  IIRC,
it was as part of the 'controversial issues are RTC' part of
CTR.  In other words, rather than committing something that
might be controversial (which shouldn't be done under pretty
much any circumstances), it would be posted as a patch for
people to examine and check out, with a comment of 'if no-one
- -1s this in 72 hours I'll commit it.'  An acceptable middle
ground procedure.

This seems like a nice RTC/CTR compromise to me.

Regards,
Alan