On 8/30/06, anita kulshreshtha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  In the mean time could we warn our users that if they are using
windows, they should use a short root path. If everyone agrees, I would
like to edit the M2build page on cwiki.

CWiki is too far from people dev environments especially while they're
building Geronimo offline  (provided M2 is happy with all Geronimo
deps). Since the Windows pathlength problem breaks the build, we
should stop the build right away not warning people (as they likely
disregard it or don't notice it at all). I'd go along the path Jason's
laid out when the build checks out whether the jvm version is < 1.5.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl