On Aug 31, 2006, at 1:31 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:
Ok ... take a deep breath.

This proposal was *not* just to work around windows. It was to offer what I thought were constructive ideas and avoid exasperating a known problem unnecessarily.

Yes, I understand.

I understand your hesitation to bundle the builders and deployers together (which is why I had a note there). What do you think about the rest of the proposal?

-  Type based groupings in addition to functional groupings.
- One level deep. While I love hierarchy, I think it's overkill here. - Elimination of redundancy in names as much as possible. (BTW, I know your post was a "crude stab" so I thought this was the type of input you were requesting to refine it).

Yup, that is what we need to do... keep refining until its not crude... then make a plan for how to do it.

I got side tracked by the evil windows sub-context :-P

-  "server" in place of "system"
-  "features" in place of "plugins"
- Consistent naming of artifacts when the type is included in the name (such as with builder and deployer).

Fine with me.

--jason