This sounds a lot like OSGi.

Felix might be a bit young but it seems like a big part of this functionality is covered there.

Thoughts?

-bd-

On Sep 14, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

I sure wouldn't mind if a module could say "I provide javax.foo.Bar"
and a separate module could say "I require a parent that provides
javax.foo.Bar"...  As in, interface dependencies instead of name-based
dependencies.

Thanks,
    Aaron