Hiram.

I've been hacking away trying to get a build on Solaris 10 using the
newer automake stuff.  So far I've had some success but still can't
build the library.

There seems to be some issues with the way sun has set things up on the
sun box. I had to hack up a libstdc++.la as described in this article.
http://forum.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=73150

I deleted the old makefiles so that gmake could find the Makefile
versions.

I end up with this error on attempting to build the find library file.

g++ -g -O2 -o .libs/example main.o  ../main/.libs/libactivemq-cpp.so
/usr/sfw/lib/libstdc++.so -lc -L/usr/sfw/lib -lm -lpthread -luuid -Wl,-R
-Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,-R -Wl,/usr/sfw/lib
ld: warning: file /usr/sfw/lib/libstdc++.so: attempted multiple
inclusion of file
nanosleep                           ../main/.libs/libactivemq-cpp.so

I added an include of time.h to Thread.cpp which is the only code that
uses nanosleep, and that doesn't seem to help.  According to the man
nanosleep this is where it should come from on SUN.

When I try and use the Solaris Compiler I get really crazy errors that
don't seem to make any sense.

Everything builds fine using the older Makefiles, so I think that the
source code is okay.

Any ideas?