Hi Slava,

I agree with your thoughts. Daytrader as a appserver performance test suite is incomplete without having a way to drive load to it. I was contemplating the thought of writing a Java based standalone client to drive it, but haven't done that because of couple of afterthoughts. First was the time required to do that, second writing it in such a way that it remains configurable and extendable to suit different test scenarios.

The option of using an opensource load driver is definitely more appealing. Its the learning curve reqd to use them and then coming up with the scripts, but once someone does it for you and gives you a template its easy to take off with it. I am sure we can use the scripts as-is and if need be modify/augment it to suit individual testing needs. What kind of scenarios have you tested with JMeter?

Regards,
Piyush Agarwal