On Oct 30, 2006, at 7:51 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

Thanx. Please see comments inline -

Cheers
Prasad

On 10/27/06, David Blevins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok, I took look through where you're going and here's a slightly
altered proposal.

We group the tests with the beans as such:

  openejb-footests/src/main/    # this is where the beans will go
  openejb-footests/src/test/    # this is where the client test code
will go

Do you propose putting all the beans in one single module and thus one
single ejb-jar ?

I meant one of the above for each set of beans/tests/descriptors.

We setup the poms to package and publish the test code with the beans:

  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/test-jar-mojo.html

+1. I like this idea. It keeps the tests code with the beans. In
geronimo/testsuite/ejbcontainer-testsuite, I can just get this
test-jar, expand it and run the tests in them.

That will avoid spreading the code for a single test between two
modules and avoids the "bucket" module that would contain all test
client code for all modules and would needlessly have a dependency on
all modules.

Couple thoughts on the poms:

   - the parent would lineage would be org.apache.openejb:itests ->
org.apache.openejb:openejb
   - the groupId would be org.apache.openejb

The groupId and the parent lineage looks good. As stated above, there
would be many child modules for the beans under the itests parent
module

groupId: o.a.openejb
openejb -> itests -> itests-security-xxx
openejb -> itests -> itests-cmp2-xxx

Exactly.

You and put any geronimo-specific plugins, descriptors, or
dependencies in pom.xmls (modules) in geronimo svn using any layout
you choose.  Those modules would just declare dependencies on the
openejb test libraries they wish to reuse.  That should be fine
unless you also plan to redo all the test source code to something
other than junit or introduce code dependencies on geronimo-specific
bits of test framework.  If that's the ultimate goal, then it might
just be better to take a copy of the test code.

Well, the other tests in geronimo are written in TestNG. Until we move
to JDK 1.5, it doesn't make sense to move the openejb itests to
TestNG. The annotations all have to change. Moreover, it may not make
practical sense to move these 400+ tests from junit to TestNG. So we
may stay with this arrangement. But IF ever we do so for any reason,
then yes,  we should make another copy of the test code.

Sounds like a plan.

-David