Matt, et al.

Thanks for getting this rolling...

I don't really have that much to say about the 1.1.1 release since I have
been putting most of my effort into the new 1.2 branch. However, I do have a
question... I have noticed there is a 1.1 branch and a 1.1.0 tag. Can you
explain the difference?

Regarding 1.2, Piyush and myself have a short laundry list of things we have
opened and would like to see go in. Here is the run down...

- DT-14 - Include sql scripts in ear
- DT-17 - Dojo-based interface for Daytrader
- DT-19 - Fix various HTML syntax issues and remove un-needed import
statements
- DT-24 - Clean up plan files in 1.2 branch
- DT-25 - Update decimal precision and indexes in ddl
- DT-26 - Cannot switch between EJB mode and Session Direct mode

Piyush has also made some additional updates to DT-22 (which was previously
closed) that deserve some additional consideration.

In addition to these items, here are a few other things I've been toying
with and would like some feedback on...
- Removing Async 1-phase mode (per comments in DT-22)
- Removing TradeSoapProxy (not needed by the WS app client)
- Updating README and other docs

I think that covers most of it, but I'm sure I could come up with more. ;-)

Now for Daytrader 2.0 (trunk). Although we targeted most of the above items
for Daytrader 1.2, I don't see any reason to keep these out of
Daytrader 2.0as well. Thoughts??? I like the idea of gearing the
2.0 release towards JPA, etc. and creating a new rev once we have full EE5
support. On this thread, I have two concerns...

- Decoupling and multiple-backend support - Last week I opened DT-23 to
address this issue and provided some suggestions on how we could re-org
Daytrader to better support multiple backends. Would like to get your
feedback on this.
- Versioning strategy - As things stand, the versioning strategy for
Daytrader seems fairly random and skipping from 2 to 5 might be confusing
unless of course we choose to start linking the version level to something
concrete (like a Geronimo release or the EE spec level).

All for now... let me know what you think.

Chris