David,

Check out this patch http://people.apache.org/~prasad/manifestcp.patch

Apply it from the geronimo/testsuite/depoyment-testsuite directory.

It will create 2 directories under it.
-- The manifestcp will create the ear for.
-- The test-manifestcp will deploy and undeploy it.

Throw your testcases under test-manifestcp.

Cheers
Prasad

On 12/8/06, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Dec 8, 2006, at 6:30 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> On 12/8/06, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> For instance it might be useful to have a maven archetype to set up
>> everything except the app to test and the actual test cases.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

> I have alrady written an archetype plugin called
> testsuite-archetype-plugin that will let you create a testsuite with
> an empty testset project under it. Please see
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/integration-
> testing.html#IntegrationTesting-Gettingstarted
>
> However, in your case, since you don't want us to be createing any moe
> testsuites till we have colected enough tests, this is what you should
> do :
>
> 1) just make a copy of test-deployment, (say call it cxf-deployment)
> 2) use it's child profile to go thro the complete maven lifecycle -
> compile, build and test your apps.
> 3) it's parent (deployment-testsuite) will take care of the server
> start/stop and reporting for you.

I wasn't able to make anything work where the app being tested was
under the directory that's a copy of *-deployment.  Now I'm working
with a structure where the *-deployment is a child of the app build
directory, and it seems to work.  Once I straighten out the tests so
they work I'll check it in and we can see if it can be reorganized to
be simpler.

I was wondering why the SeleniumTestSupport and ExtendedSelenium
classes were in the tests themselves rather than in a support jar.
I'd think these would be used by just about all tests.

FIxing the tests is likely to take me all day.  If you'd like to
demonstrate what you think is correct structure you could set
something up with the test ear from GERONIMO-2125

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12336683/manifestcp-
itest-v3.jar

which has a maven project to build a test ear.  With luck deploying
it stlll works :-)

thanks
david jencks