Bugger...the 1.4 XSD is done...I'm wondering about how to verify the accuracy of these. I have been experimenting a bit while doing this. One thing I started doing was closing of xsd:elements. For instance:

Where the original doc had something like:

<xsd:element name="res-type" type="j2ee:fully-qualified-classType">
    <xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:documentation>
            The res-type element specifies the type of the data
            source. The type is specified by the fully qualified
            Java language class or interface
            expected to be implemented by the data source.
        </xsd:documentation>
    </xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>

I entered:
<xsd:element name="res-type" type="j2ee:fully-qualified-classType" />

Although syntactically the same its a bit harder to verify. I was thinking about writing a quick parser that would read the Sun XSDs and verify the content throwing out whitespace and documentation. Perhaps we can do something with XMLBeans? David, any thoughts?