Rerouting to this thread from "[VOTE] 2.0-M1 Release"

Hi All,
I have two basic comments/questions.

1- I see a bunch of INFO messages in both Tomcat and Jetty at startup, not a
show stopper for this release.

2- Deployment on Jetty is not behaving exactly as I expected. Not sure if I
messed up the deployment plans given the new specs, however this same WAR works
just fine with Tomcat.
In Jetty I deploy a WAR and when I access the application it will list the content of
the WAR, if I click on the JSP it will work fine. Something like not following the
web.xml <welcome-file> maybe? The context-root however is correct.

Just in case you may ask, here are the deployment plans:

geronimo-web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.2";>
   <environment>
       <moduleId>
           <groupId>sample.applications</groupId>
           <artifactId>HelloWorldApp</artifactId>
           <version>2.0</version>
           <type>war</type>
</moduleId> </environment>
   <context-root>/hello</context-root>
</web-app>

web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app version="2.4"

  xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
  http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

   <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>HelloWorld.jsp</welcome-file>
   </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

Am I missing anything obvious?

Cheers!
Hernan
Matt Hogstrom wrote:
All,

I opened this thread for general comments and questions about the release. Let's have the discussions here and leave the vote thread for +/- voting only so it will be easier to process

Thanks.

Matt Hogstrom
[EMAIL PROTECTED]