For those interested and following this thread (D Jencks had a similar
NPE), both these issues are now resolved.

We can now have a ejb-jar.xml free deployment and openejb-jar.xml free
deployment.

Cheers
Prasad

On 1/23/07, Prasad Kashyap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/22/07, David Blevins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok.  All of these issues should be fixed.

I did a complete clean Geronimo (& OpenEJB) build. I am still having
issues here -

1) http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2770.
An ejb-module with a missing ejb-jar.xml will not be recognized and deployed.

2) http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-452
An ejb-module with a missing openejb-jar.xml will throw an NPE

11:40:53, 611 WARN [OPENEJB] Auto-deploying ejb Calculator:
EjbDeployment (deployment-id=Calculator, container-id=Default
Stateless Container)
11:40:58, 068 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
    org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.initContext(EjbD
eploymentBuilder.java:107)
        at
    org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.initContext(EjbModul
eBuilder.java:381)

Since the NPE position has now changed, I believe I have the latest
code in the server.

Cheers
Prasad