Frank...

Try using the daytrader-2.0-M2-jpa-plan.xml as the deployment plan. If that
doesn't help, it might be worth trying the SUN JDK.

Chris

On 3/13/07, FranK G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I checked out the source codes of daytrader from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/trunk
and built it successful. But I encountered the
following error when I deployed it:
C:\>deploy --user system --password manager deploy
F:\daytrader\modules\ear\target\daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
F:\daytrader\plans\daytrader-geronimo-derby-plan.xml
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\IBM\Java50\jre
    Error: Unable to distribute
daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear:

com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException:
51 counts
    of IllegalAnnotationExceptions

    Property "id" has an XmlID annotation but its type
is not String.

        this problem is related to the following
location:

                at protected java.lang.String
org.apache.openejb.jee.EjbJar.id

                at org.apache.openejb.jee.EjbJar

    Property "id" has an XmlID annotation but its type
is not String.

        this problem is related to the following
location:

                at protected java.lang.String
org.apache.openejb.jee.Text.id

                at org.apache.openejb.jee.Text

                at public
org.apache.openejb.jee.Text[]
    org.apache.openejb.jee.EjbJar.getDescriptions()

                at org.apache.openejb.jee.EjbJar
         51 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions

I think this is a problem of JAXB, so I replaced
jaxb-impl-2.0.3.jar and jaxb-api-2.0.jar with
jaxb-impl-2.1.1.jar and jaxb-api-2.1.jar, then I got
another error:
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\IBM\Java50\jre
    Error: Unable to distribute
daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear: Could
    not load service class

org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.client.ws.Trade

org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.client.ws.Trade
in
    classloader
geronimo/daytrader-derby-tomcat_web.war/1.1.1/car

Can anyone help me?

Frank

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.