This change has completely broken the ability to run any of the TCK interoperability tests.
Rick

Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
--- Donald Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

And how does the portOffset relate to this? If you start with 1098, isn't the next server instance going to use 1099 and the next one 1100? If so, why not start with 1099 and let the next one use 1100 and then 1101?

It's not clear to me either why the RMI port default needs to be changed.... Do we not want one RMI registry to be shared by all server instances?

   The portoffset should be chosen such that there are no port
conflicts. Which will rule out portOffset=1. Usually portOffsets are
chosen 100, 200,.. or 1000, 2000, etc. For current port assignments
10,20,30... should also work. I have tested with 10.

Thanks
Anita

____________________________________________________________________________________ Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.