I'm still not seeing this problem....
My setup is -
   SLES10 w/ Sun 1.5.0_11 and Geronimo 2.0
   WinXP w/ Sun 1.5.0_11 and Geronimo 2.0

Both machines are on the same subnet and do not have IPv6 configured or enabled on the Ethernet adapters.

From SLES, the following works:
   deploy -host winxp list-modules
From WinXP, the following works:
   deploy -host sles list-modules

Can you try disabling IPv6 if its not required for your setup?

-Donald

Peter Petersson wrote:
I can still not tell you whats wrong but I now think it is safe to say that it is definitely not any firewall rules in the way (and I get the same error as you do). I checked all my firewall rules "iptables -L" and to be on the safe side I also turned on logging on iptables reject and drop rules and as suspected nothing was found. The other thing i did was turning on logging of rmi gc via -Dsun.rmi.dgc.loglevel=VERBOSE but that didn't give me any information ether.
Sun jdk build 1.5.0_06-b05, Ubuntu 7.10, G 1.1.1.

regards
   Peter Petersson

Peter Petersson wrote:
Okey now I get exactly the same error as you

    Error: Unable to connect to server at
    deployer:geronimo:jmx://192.168.2.1:1099 -- no such object in table

regards
  Peter Petersson

Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva wrote:
Hi,

I tried out 2.0-rc1 release (as posted by David to [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) and could reproduce bug GERONIMO-3191, which had been considered as closed. I have a Ubuntu Linux 7.04 with sun-jdk-1.5.0 running geronimo. From a Windows Vista Machine I ran the following command:

deploy --host 192.168.0.11 <http://192.168.0.11> --user system --password manager --port 1099 login

which returned:

Error: Unable to connect to server at
deployer:geronimo:jmx://192.168.0.11 – no such object in table

if I run it from the server Linux machine, it works.

I haven't ever been able to access remote linux servers (specially from Eclipse) but this specific situation has been tested only on this release.

I was wondering if anyone could reproduce it since I may have commited some configuration mistake. hope it helps.

thanks,
Rodrigo