On 8/20/07, Matt Hogstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now that we've gotten through the issues that stalled 2.0 we have a
> successful vote and I've updated the Press Release as well with
> version information.
>
> This should be pretty good as it was the mostly approved version
> before the security problem.
>
> Please review and perhaps the PRC can comment on their timings so we
> can get in sync.
>
> Thanks
>
> ===== DRAFT =====
>
> Apache Geronimo Version 2.0.1 released by Apache Software Foundation
>
> date/time/location—The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) announced
> today the release of Apache Geronimo Version 2.0.1 (http://
> geronimo.apache.org <http://geronimo.apache.org/>). This release
> represents the latest open source Java Enterprise Edition 5.0
> application server from the Apache Geronimo project, and continues
> the evolution of the Apache Geronimo server by adding new features
> and capabilities to a fully compliant and certified Java Enterprise
> Edition container suitable for everything from a development
> environment to enterprise-level deployments.
>
> The newly released Apache Geronimo 2.0.1 breaks new ground as the
> first Open Source Application Server to provide two certified JAX-WS
> Web Services implementations: Apache Axis2 and Apache CXF. This
> capability further highlights the flexibility of Apache Geronimo
> which also provides two certified Web Container implementations:
> Apache Tomcat and Jetty.
>
> Geronimo 2.0 also introduces new features such as simplified
> development, improved diagnostics and flexible assemblies. Simplified
> deployment is achieved through the use of standards based programming
> model enhancements found in Java Enterprise Edition 5.0. This
> includes support for the Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 3.0 specification
> as implemented by the Apache OpenEJB and Apache OpenJPA projects.
> Here is a list of some of these programming enhancements:
>
> - Streamlined development options provided with Java Enterprise
> Edition 5.0
> - EJB 3.0 persistence
> - A programming model that uses annotations to express developer
> defaults in the source code
>
> Improved diagnostic capabilities include enhanced logging, class
> loader viewer as well as JMX browser which are all available from the
> web based console.  Change logging levels on the fly as well as view
> existing logs with a set of filters.  Looking for a class and
> wondering where it came from?  The class loader viewer let's you find
> them.  Want to see or change the attributes for MBeans in the
> server?  The JMX browser allows you to navigate the MBeans in the
> server in a simple tree format without having to hook up external
> consoles or third party products.

Can we add a line or two about the the Certification Authority?  I guess
Geronimo is unique in this regard.

"Certification Authority portlet lets you setup a Certification Authority,
your own Public-Key Infrastructure, very easily and use server/client
Digital Certificates for securing your applications."

Flexible assemblies are realized through the project's continued