david...

thanks for the hint... i dug into the geronimo.bat files and including the
endorsed directories much like it does. started up without a problem
(although running into some others at the moment). anyway, just wanted to
make a suggestion...

might be a good idea to include a launcher script for the client as well
and/or document the need to include the endorsed directories when launching
an ejb client.