All...

I'm still working with the DayTrader streamer client and have run into
another issue I cannot explain. Both the streamer and ws app client create
Swing-based GUIs. I am in no way a Swing expert; however, all of the docs
that I have read indicate that the GUI thread should remain up and running
(along with the JVM) after main completes. Here is an example...

public class JFrameExample {
        JFrame f = new JFrame("This is a test");
        f.addWindowListener(new ExitListener());
        f.setVisible(true);
    }
}

>From what I have seen all Swing apps use some variation of this, as do the
DayTrader streamer and ws app clients.

Unfortunately, when I try to run these clients in under Geronimo 2.0.1, the
apps terminate when the main thread completes. I have added a Thread.sleep()
to the main just to verify that the GUI remains up while the main thread is
still active.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the JVM is terminating with main
while the GUI threads are still active and have not been closed? I've tried
a SUN and IBM JVM and both result in early termination. The only thing I can
think of is that something in the Geronimo client or the manner in which
Geronimo packages the client that is changing the behavior.

Thanks...

Chris