On Aug 30, 2007, at 3:39 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

-  Is there any place for OSGI in Geronimo's plugin strategy?

If all the plugins are developed and released independently, I wonder
if dependencies on multiple versions can cause potential problems.

My experience so far has been that plugins only work on the version of Geronimo that they are exported from (or the version of car plugin), mainly due to the fact that their configuration data is stored in a serialized gbean info java object. When an API changes in the server it usually makes previously exported plugins incompatible. This has a lot of ramifications on release management. Using XML as the serialization format for configuration data could help, I forget where that discussion left off.

Best wishes,
Paul