On Sep 6, 2007, at 5:31 PM, David Jencks wrote:

On Sep 6, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

On Sep 6, 2007, at 12:52 PM, David Jencks wrote:

I think we should start using the maven-remote-resources- plugin. I will get to it eventually for sufficiently distant values of eventually...

:-) I would love to have license and notice file generation to be automated. I have my doubts that it will work for a project with as many diverse dependencies as Geronimo. The example you provide below indicates that m-r-r-p (or the available maven meta-data descriptions) is not ready, yet -- note the multiple occurrences of "... developed by $project.organization.name ($project.organization.url)."

saying "including problems that haven't been overridden yet" was supposed to imply that these are fixable through additional configuration so you wouldn't say that :-) I'm not sure where these particular ${}'s came from since when I converted apacheds to use the m-r-r-p I thought I got rid of all of them.

My understanding which could be quite wrong is that any aggregate we ship is licensed under the asl2 only no matter what's in it and that this may limit what we can include in an aggregate work.

Our aggregate is not licensed solely under ASL V2. Far from it... We develop source code which is, almost entirely, ASL v2 licensed. However, our aggregate contains artifacts that are covered my multiple licenses. These licenses are "acceptable" for use within an Apache product (as determined by our PMC).

I don't think Apache DS has done a very good job of indicating the licenses that apply to their aggregate (at least in their noarch distribution it's terrible). Looking at 1.5.1 unstable binary (i couldn't find a "stable" binary), the apacheds-noarch/target/ apacheds-noarch-installer-1.5.1-app.jar contains the following license files:

ASL V2
Spring
SL4J
jzlib
JDBM (LICENSE.txt in a separate format from the other license files)

I don't understand this so I'll stop talking about it. I'm not sure the m-r-r-p will be useful for assemblies but I think it will work fine for jars and cars.

Heh.

I think you are probably right about jars and cars.