On Sep 25, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

Vamsi,

In general I think we agree on how things should be handled when
schema changes. Also, the patch I looked at had schema changes made in
the existing .xsd files and I assumed that the new files would be
introduced in trunk only. But since nobody else has an issue with that
change, that's fine. We just have to remember to publish the new
schemas on the website and (eventually) update the eclipse plugin.

Several people have expressed their concerns about this change. I must confess that I'm not entirely comfortable with the change either. I don't think there's a black and white answer. Obviously, Vamsi would prefer that the change go into 2.0.2. We could always retag 2.0.2 and call it 2.1. However, that doesn't feel right either. I'd thought about the required documentation changes, but don't really know how to evaluate the plugin impacts. I'd like to hear about this from an eclipse plugin perspective...

I think Vamsi has done a commendable job of communicating with the community (one minor quibble: don't use Jira as a group communication mechanism. Not all people read Jira comments as actively as they read the dev list).

Even with this communication, it's quite reasonable for Jarek or anyone to express their concerns about a commit. He, or any other project member, can do this *at any time*.