Sounds great to me. I'm assuming that on top of what you have working locally we could copy geronimo/plugins/console/trunk into geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/console (or wherever you had in mind) and tweak the poms accordingly for an interim solution. That will provide our pre-assembled servers with a base console that contains a plugin installer for installing the other server plugins and console extensions like the dojo viewers, system DB and activemq portlets, etc. Those plugins would still need to be built, released, and installed separately unless we wanted to move them under server/trunk as well as part of this interim solution. Depends on how far we want to go with reflecting the modularity of the server in how we structure SVN and handle release management.

Best wishes,
Paul