Hi Vasily,

I went back to the commit list... looks like the last min fix aren't pulled into geronimo 2.0.1, but they should be avail in the upcoming geronimo 2.0.2. Sorry about the confusion.

No, for derby, we recommend people to select systemdatabase instead, as it already has org.apache.derby/derby*/*/jar as the dependency. This was a change made since geronimo 1.1 and here is some doc about it (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/migrating-applications-from-geronimo-v10.html, check 2) Manually convert the derby jar dependencies to system-datasource).

David Jencks has worked on limiting the list of available JARs on the portlet, but I think his change is only in trunk (which will be geronimo 2.1).

HTH,
Lin

Zakharov, Vasily M wrote:
Hi, Lin,

I don't see any org.apache.geronimo.* entries in "Driver JAR" selection.
May this be a problem?

And anyway, selecting non-Derby JAR for Derby access is
counterintuitive, isn't it?
Taking into account that I'm connecting not to the SystemDatabase, but
to another database I've created through Console DB Manager.

Is there a case when choosing an org.apache.derby/derby*/*/jar for
Embedded Derby connection would be a valid choice?

Maybe there's some sense in limiting the list of available JARs after
Database Type is selected?
As for now creating the operational connector to the embedded database
seems impossible without asking questions and editing deployment plans
manually.

Thank you!

Vasily