On Oct 17, 2007, at 10:49 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

Hi Kevan, I've marked G3309 as resolved. I documented my analysis in the latest few comments I added in the JIRA. If there is anything else that is missing from a legal point of view, please let me know.

Hi Lin,
That's great. Thanks for working on this. A few comments:

1. Artifacts that are AL2 licensed can still be mentioned in the license file. Although not necessary, it's good for completeness. Just say the following are licensed under ALv2: commons-logging, etc.

2. I think the NOTICE file needs a bit more attention. Even though projects are ALv2 licensed, we need to reproduce their NOTICE attributions as appropriate. Also, our notice file should mention dom4j, pull-parser, and jaxen and reproduce the copyrights that are in their licenses. The pull-parser license requires the following acknowledgement:

    "This product includes software developed by the Indiana
     University Extreme! Lab.  For further information please visit
     http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/";

The appropriate location for this acknowledgement is the NOTICE file.

I'll look a bit more...