On Dec 5, 2007, at 8:26 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

I am currently working on an Admin Console wizard to auto-generate openejb-jar.xml http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3432 and one problem where I am currently stuck is "given an EJB jar how do I get it's meta-data complete ejb-jar.xml?"

I have some code in "Plan Creator" portlet of Admin Console which can process a web-app and provide it's meta-data complete web.xml. http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg47965.html shows this code and how it was developed. This code is however insufficient for discovering EJB annotations. Tim told on irc http://servlet.uwyn.com/drone/log/bevinbot/geronimo/20071205 that for EJBs a lot of the annotation processing is done in openejb side -- not geronimo.

Any further hints/help?

The metadata complete tree is available in the EjbModule object created by the builders. You'd want
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModule.getSpecDD()

-David