Hi there Alan,

In terms of starting a Wiki, there are several options out there... just to
name a few popular ones:

Confluence
http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/

Media Wiki
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

Doku Wiki
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

PmWiki
http://www.pmwiki.org/

If you're looking to build something pretty big I've heard Confluence and
Media Wiki work pretty well.  The Media Wiki was the original package
written for Wikipedia, so it's pretty robust.  Smaller, simpler and cleaner
solutions would be the Doku Wiki and PmWiki.

Hopes this helps.

the best,
Joseph Leong