Sounds like a good fix to go into the 2.0.3 stream, too.

-Donald

Kevan Miller wrote:

On Feb 9, 2008, at 4:35 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

I thought that I knew JCA pretty well.  What is a permit leak?

It's not an external JCA concept, but an internal implementation mechanism. A "permit" is an acquired semaphore used to grant permission to obtain a connection. In some exceptional cases, looks like we weren't properly releasing the "permit". If you lose enough permits, you stop handing out connections. So, things slow down a bit... ;-) There might have been another problem adjusting pool size, but I'm not sure. A bit hard to tease out from some code re-factoring occurred...

Regards,
Alan