Yes, this is intentional. SLF4J has some optimized code to deal with "{}" strings for substitution.

--jason

On May 6, 2008, at 3:46 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:34 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Author: jdillon
Date: Mon May  5 13:34:06 2008
New Revision: 653588

Log:
Start of custom SLF4J muck for Geronimo

- log.trace("Checking if child is running: child=" + child); + log.trace("Checking if child is running: child={}", child);

Is it intentional? Will it work without the numbering like {0}? I see
it occuring everywhere in the submitted code so it seems to be the way
it works, but thought I'd ask for some pointers.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl