Looks ready to me for an official 1.0 release.

-Donald

Rick McGuire wrote:
I've recently completed an activity on seeing if we could get the IBM ObjectGrid product working with the Yoko ORB. This is a BIG CORBA application that rooted out quite a number of fringe bugs in the Yoko ORB. The testing effort involved no just interactions between a yoko client and server, but also in different client/server combinations with the IBM ORB (ObjectGrid has some problems running on the Sun ORB at the moment, so that interoperability was not tested). In the process of debugging these problems, I also added quite a bit of additional logging to the core orb. Things are looking pretty good and stable at this point. Currently, Geronimo is shipping using a pinned snapshot of the yoko code rather than an official release. Harmony is picking up SNAPSHOT builds, I believe. I think it is time to consider publishing the 1.0 release so there's finally an official release level to work from. I currently don't have any work items I feel need to be done before a 1.0 release can get created. I have a number of items I think need to get improved what I'd prefer doing after we cut a 1.0 release. Does anybody else know of additional items that might be required for the 1.0 release?

Rick