On May 14, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

On May 14, 2008, at 2:35 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
On May 13, 2008, at 1:25 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
What happened to the AMD systems which were heating up my apartment last year? 2 4x (dual core) 16g machines with nice RAID cards, etc... ?

Those machines are owned by IBM. IBM would be happy to donate them to the ASF. However, they then become a potential support annoyance/ headache/migraine for Infra. IIUC, it's simpler, more manageable, etc to buy new, standard hardware and roll it into mainstream ASF infrastructure.

Um... that is not what I had understood, I was under the impression that AMD donated them to the Geronimo project for TCK mucky muckski.

AMD donated them to Geronimo.  They are "owned" by the project.