While I agree that it would be good to give plugins more visibility, I am reluctant to see the size of the navigation entries increase. At the moment I think this is an issue because the categories cannot be collapsed. However, if we add that capability in the future then I think it would make a lot of sense to have a new category for plugin related functions. Until that time, I think the plugins functions are fairly visible (as Lin pointed out) since the entry is always in the view.

Joe

Jarek Gawor wrote:
Hey,

Right now, the plugins portlet is not all that visible in the admin
console (it's under Applications / Plugins). I think it would be great
to make it more visible by creating a new "Plugins" section with
"Install", "Export", and "Assemble Server" subsections. I already
created three separate portlets for these plugin operations so
rearranging things visually should be easy.

Thoughts?

Jarek