What is the value of JIRA versions 2.0.x and 2.1.x? Having these makes it difficult to track changes per release. For example, when a JIRA is resolved in branches/2.1 intended for a 2.1.2 release - we should mark the JIRA as fixed in the not-yet-released 2.1.2. However, it is all too easy to choose 2.1.x instead of 2.1.2. The problem is that 2.1.x JIRAs won't show up in reports we generate for release notes for 2.1.2.

I'd like to remove the *.x versions from our JIRA project so that people will be encouraged to include the specific version as the fix version. I'll work through the JIRAs and cleanup references prior to removal (I have to do this anyway for 2.1.2).

Any objections?

Joe