Hi everyone,

So i'm building a little widget piece to run on AG and i've come to the
point of deciding whether i'm going to incorporate any (if) dojo/dojox
components into it.  I know we've had varying discussions about reducing the
dojo footprint.  To summarize i believe the only thing we've agreed on so
far is removing the unncessary /tests , but i'm wondering if the community
had anymore input on keeping dojox around?  To summarize it is my
understanding these are the choices suggested so far:

1) Removing Dojo from AG and having users include their own optimized Dojo
files for their apps. The downside is that we may be inefficient in
aggregating multiple copies of Dojo.

2) Leave Dojo support in AG as is now. We can safely rely on the fact that
their will be no duplicate instances of dojo for those who use it, but we
must now rely on having that dojo overhead even for users who don't utilize
it.

3) Creating a slim version of Dojo to support the features relying on it in
AG, thus allowing users who want to demonstrate fundamental dojo features to
utilize it - but however we incur the maintenance overhead of creating new
builds of Dojo to incorporate with AG releases as new fundamental AG
components with Dojo are included.

Personally, I feel the functionality subset of DojoX captures a lot of what
this Web2.0 era is looking for.  Although it may make more sense to go with
option 3, now, i feel it's only a matter of time before we switch over to
option 2.  To provide the community with a better grasp of what the DojoX
functionalities are goto: http://dojocampus.org/explorer/#Dojox and you'll
find yourself quite surprised at how innovative and integrated these
technologies are influencing your favorite sites.

Thanks,
-Joseph Leong