Hey Joe,

Not releasing any more 2.0.x was one of the possible choices that I was
leaning toward too.  The only thing that kept it from being my first
recommendation was that I was sad that so much work on the 2.0 branch
would never get its day in the sun (at least not as 2.0).

But, as far as stumbling blocks to moving up...I don't think there
should be any large ones.  I have been keeping current so I don't
remember what (if anything) I had to do to move up to 2.1.

Actually, that is not entirely true.  There were a number of jar files
that used to be included in Geronimo that were removed.  I have since
had to add them back to the repository whenever I reinstall.

I think that we already handle deployment descriptors for older versions
automatically (at least back to 2.0), so those should not be a problem.

So, I think that if we put together a table of libraries that are no
longer supplied and/or whose versions are not backwards compatible -
that might be enough to handle at least the majority of conversion issues.

But, if we do not release 2.0.3 then I think that we need to get rather
vocal about the security issues and the -urgent- need to upgrade to 2.1+.

Jay