Thanks all for your comments.

And I really appreciate the category that David suggested, I think it's ok
except that
1. JMS Resources and Database Pools stay under Resources group. IIUC,
developers can use @Resource annotation to inject these objects during
runtime. And that's the major reason they shall be in Resources group.
2. Server logs and Derby logs might be placed in another group called
Troubleshooting? or put them together with Monitoring, other viewers and
name as Troubleshooting?

About portlets such as LDAP Viewer, Apach HTTP we can just leave them as is.
Maybe we could find a better solution for them at the time of G3.0 is
released.

Donald is making a good point here.  And we do need to consider the risk of
this change. Here are my thoughts for your consideration.

As for the doc issue, I remember there are several contributors in the
community would love to help with doc update, maybe we can invite them for
this task once we decide to make the change of navigation pane in G2.2.
AFAICT, the update to doc won't take too much efforts.

While for the testsuite issue, maybe we need someone with more experience in
browser based test scripts to evaluate the size of impact.

Anyway, I am just proposing the changes and as I mentioned at the very
beginning of this thread, this change in G2.2 is only a transitional stage
for users to learn we are trying to improve our console for
better usability.

So still waiting for your decision before I open a JIRA for this one.

Thanks again.

Jeff C