On 5/8/2010 3:15 AM, David Jencks wrote:
I'm going to look next at a bit of bean validation support.  So far my plans
are just to have a naming builder to stuff validator/factory references into
jndi and an appropriate ref object.  It looks like there are some requirements
to stuff this into various contexts as well, hopefully that will be pretty
easy...

thanks
david jencks

Once you have all of the appropriate jndi stuff set up to create a factory appropriate for the given context, injecting those into the different contexts was fairly simple. It's been a few weeks since I looked at this, but I think for Jira 5226, it was a matter of setting a property with the appropriate ValidationFactory instance when creating the persistence manager. Using the version obtained from the jndi context makes that a fairly simple matter. For 5227 (JSF), this is a simple matter of setting an additional attribute in the servlet context, again sourced from the same location.

Note that I have a suspicion that Jira 5228 might not be needed. The validation spec APIs have support for creating a ValidationFactory instance from a given validation xml descriptor. So it would appear there is no need for the Geronimo code to understand or process the contents of these descriptors directly.

Rick