On May 11, 2010, at 1:48 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Every time I use jconsole I have to spend a long time trying to figure out
> how to connect to geronimo.  Not sure if its in the wiki but maybe if its on
> the dev list I'll be able to find instructions again.
>
> 1. To get the mbeans in reasonably jsr-77 compliant order start jconsole
> something like this:
>
>  jconsole
> -J-Dcom.sun.tools.jconsole.mbeans.keyPropertyList=type,j2eeType,J2EEServer,J2EEApplication,EJBModule,ResourceAdapterModule,WebModule,name

Thanks. I'd always run just plain 'jconsole'. Can't say that I'd suffered
greatly, but controlling the mbean tree jconsole builds is probably a good
idea...

> This is an incomplete list.  I think its reasonable for everything except jca
> stuff which have a lot of useless name components.  Probably we should fix
> the abstractName to ObjectName conversion so the property names list comes
> out more like this, assuming it doesn't contradict jsr77.
>
> 2. To connect on localhost use this url:
>
> service:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector
>
> and log in with the same password as for deployment, by default system/manager

Using Java 6 on Mac OS, I just choose the 'server.jar' local process. Saves me
from looking for the URL (which I used to do when running on Java 5). I haven't
run jconsole on trunk...

> Hope this helps me in the future :-D

Would prolly be useful to put a script for launching jconsole in bin/