On Aug 22, 2011, at 12:45 AM, dblev...@apache.org wrote:

> Author: dblevins
> Date: Mon Aug 22 04:45:07 2011
> New Revision: 1160106

> Log:
> GERONIMO-6117: OpenWebBeansPlugin load optimization
>
> Modified:
>
> geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/openejb/geronimo-openejb/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/openejb/cdi/OpenWebBeansWebInitializer.java

Cool. With this change and setting
BundleResourceHelper.searchWiredBundles=false (e.g.
GERONIMO_OPTS=-Dorg.apache.xbean.osgi.bundle.util.BundleResourceHelper.searchWiredBundles=false
 ./geronimo run), my server starts without a problem and startup is pretty
good. Tthe timed portion (so doesn't count the initial karaf loading) is 9-10
seconds:

Module 63/63 org.apache.geronimo.configs/wink-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car
     started in   .015s
Startup completed in 9.105s seconds
  Listening on Ports:

Which is great, given that we're not doing any lazy startup. However, I'm
seeing some bean-validation tck failures with searchWiredBundles=false (jcdi
tck looks fine and I didn't try any other tck tests). Anybody able to take a
look at this?