Forrest, by my count this vote was open just a bit more than 24 hours. The norm
is a minimum of 72 hours. There are times when expedited release votes can be
used, but not without discussion.

I notice that there is not an actual source archive that is buildable. The
references sources jar only contains java sources. Anyone else bothered by
this? The ASF norm is to vote on source archives prepared by the release
manager. I assume everyone else is voting on the svn tag?

--kevan