All,
Due to recent changes in my life, I've had less and less time to devote to the
Geronimo project. Last month, I told the PMC that I wished to step down from my
PMC Chair duties.

The Geronimo PMC unanimously nominated Jarek Gawor to become the PMC Chair. I'm
happy to announce that at this month's board meeting, the ASF Board appointed
Jarek the new PMC Chair of the Geronimo project.

As anyone following the Geronimo project should know, Jarek has been bringing a
tremendous amount to the project in multiple ways. Please take a moment to
thank Jarek for taking on this new role.

Finally, to all the PMC members, committers, contributors, and users -- thanks
for making my job as PMC chair so easy and enjoyable. It's been a pleasure
working with you.