It’s not only the spec-api stuff.
There are also many other things like xbean, geronimo-jta, javamail, etc. It’s
basically a commons-EE atm.

If you talk about a reboot then I wonder what you had in mind. There is TomEE
which takes the really lightweight approach. And having two implementations
providing the same doesn’t make sense. At least not if there are exactly the
same people involved…
Should the Geronimo-Server focus on OSGi? That is what made the big difference
so far. No clue otherwise.

LieGrue,
strub