Yep, the goal is just to reduce our workload and enable contributions.

I missed that fork thing and just worked in mp branch (master) which
created dome work for Mark and a bunch of regressions for me when branches
have been aligned.

If a user wants to contribute he will pr only on master i guess so same
again for us, no?