Hi,

I was trying to run the giraph  simple shortest path example (that comes
with giraph package) on 3 nodes (1 namenode and 2 datanodes) hadoop-0.23.10
cluster. I used 7 mappers and 7 reducers run simultaneously at each node in
mapred-site.xml.

The command I typed:
$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar
/usr/local/giraph-1.1.0/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.23.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
-vip /user/hduser/input/tiny_graph.txt -of
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
/output/shortestpaths *-w 12*

When I ran with  12 workers (-w 12) the error was :
'Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration: When using LocalJobRunner, must have only
one worker since only 1 task at a time!'

When I change it to 1 (-w 1) the error was:
'Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
checkLocalJobRunnerConfiguration: When using LocalJobRunner, you cannot run
in split master / worker mode since there is only 1 task at a time!'

What am I missing?

--
Thanks and regards,
Arghya Kusum Das