Hey there 😊,

It’s Yangyang from Microsoft working on the Gluten Project. The purpose of
this email is to collect ideas on improving the gluten native diagnose
experience.

Gluten is indeed impressive, particularly in its significant contribution
to boosting the performance of Spark πŸ‘πŸŽ‰ .  but unfortunately, the current
online diagnosis experience doesn't quite match up.

Right now, we're teaming up with the Intel Gluten team to plan some
enhancements for the gluten native diagnose experience, the main goal is to
make it easier for users to quickly locate issues when errors or any
performance regression occur online.

Our primary idea now is to utilize the gluten UI page as the main entry
point and incorporate the necessary enhanced features directly onto this
page, referred to as *gluten UI enhancement*, so that much enhancement work
can directly go into OSS.

Some ideas currently under consideration include:

1) Onboarding colorized DGA graphs in Gluten UI like how Photon does to
help users quickly identify which nodes are fallback or not and the context
detail.

2) Onboarding execution time summary table in Gluten UI like How Photon
does to help users quickly identify which stage/op is time-consuming.
[image: image.png]

3) Onboarding an async profile Flame graph in Gluten UI including
CPU_FLAME_GRAPHS, CPU_STACK_TRACES, and WALL_CLOCK_STACK_TRACE to assist
users pinpointing which native function calls are time-consuming.

[image: image.png]

Our main goal with this email is to gather feedback and requirements from
our community members. We value your input! Among the options mentioned,
which one do you think is most essential right now?

Additionally, *we're open to hearing your fresh ideas and any new
requirements you might have for improving the gluten native diagnose
experience. Your contributions to this discussion are highly valued and
appreciated!*

We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you.

Yangyang Gao