Yeah in the GoraMapReduceUtils it doesn't get used, I vaguely remember that
I used it in some code a while ago, but I tried looking out for it, but I
didn't find anything. The other thing I found was the
PersistentDeserializer that also uses it [1] and that gets created in the
GoraMapReduceUtils, but yeah we are always using a <true> value, maybe we
should add it as a parameter to the configs or reviewing if it makes any
difference or not anymore.

https://github.com/apache/gora/blob/master/gora-core/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/mapreduce/PersistentDeserializer.java#L70