Hi,

Report #7
Period: January 10 - January 16
Activities:
- Fixed authentication [1]:

   1. Set up password to Elasticsearch container properly
   2. Set default Elasticsearch container server’s username in
   gora.properties
   3. Added exceptions for missing arguments in authentication

- Added a parameter for the XSD validation [2]:

   1. Defined a parameter for the XSD validation
   2. Added a test case for the parameter
   3. Made ElasticsearchStore read mapping file from properties, not
   configuration

- Implemented some basic Input-Output operations for schema management [3]:

   1. Implemented delete, get and put methods
   2. Implemented newInstance and getUnionSchema utility methods
   3. Implemented basic serialization/deserialization for primitive AVRO
   types

Here are links to the commits:
[1]
https://github.com/apache/gora/commit/679b6d8f0a27b7a7be99b6e8773327d482b9996b
[2]
https://github.com/apache/gora/commit/0f17849a383ef5f29e650eda22fb4d3022578f43
[3]
https://github.com/apache/gora/commit/474a3946ebfde25732fe16d6546aa479fc6509a0

This week I have started work on serialization/deserialization. While
testing get method I found that UNION case could be a combination of NULL,
STRING or another RECORD for external table references (e.g. boss for
Employee). Could you explain to me what I should do in this case? I see two
possible cases here: 1) Do deserialize recursively if the field value is a
RECORD 2) Make another request for STRING case, where I have only key for
the external object.

Regards,
Maria