"At the end of the day, I haven't seen an email to this list that wasn't a
podling report request in months. I actually stopped hounding Ed personally
because it had become a regular thing. There is absolutely no shame in
saying that Gossip is not ready for the ASF. I'd really encourage you all
to take a step back and think about that. I honestly think moving to Github
would make you all much happier, and, an eventual move to the Incubator
again later, would be that much easier (knowing what goes into it)."

By the way Josh. I totally agree with alot of what your saying and always
appreciate your help. Also was not expecting anyone to build the community
for me. But it is not about shame/pride. Someone just called a vote on
this, and a few people other then myself -1 ed the vote.  It was very
disheartening to go start writing the report July 2nd, and just happen upon
another incubator convo about ending the gossip project.

I hang around the apache community a lot and anecdotally I know the status
of a number of podlings. But I decided to around some other podlings, there
was one that started in the incubator in 2013 and has not had a commit for
7 months. It feels a bit arbitrary to me, maybe I am biased maybe not.